- Galatians 6:1-10 describe life together in a church or small group. Bear one another's burdens. Confront sin. Do good to everyone, especially those in the household of God.
- The spiritual law of sowing and reaping is breathtaking in its simplicity and power. If it is not powerful enough on the face of it, he adds, " God is not mocked." (Galatians 6:7).
- The sowing/reaping principle is also a key reason not to give up (Galatians 6:9).
- The cross is a reason to boast. It crucifies me to the world. That is, dying is rejoicing. Crucifixion frees me from the tyranny of an anti-God way of living. It also crucifies the world to me. The world dies in its attraction and power over me!
- Another "nothing matters" comment: Nothing matters except the new creation (2 Cor. 5:17, Gal. 5:6).
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
How can the Lord give me just what I need each day? What a great passage. Several things captured my attention: