It follows that if there is certainly judgment and if death is certain, then someone must plead with people -- be reconciled to God! There are all kinds of motivations mentioned here to plead with people. Why share Jesus?
- Knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men (2 Cor. 5:11).
- The love of Christ compels us (2 Cor. 5:14).
- In Christ . . . New Creation (2 Cor. 5:17).
- God took initiative to reconcile the world to himself (2 Cor. 5:18-19).
- We are Christ's ambassadors (2 Cor. 5:20).
- Jesus is the perfect solution to the problem (2 Cor. 5:21).