Monday, September 07, 2009

2 Corinthians 3

What a humble and empowered way to live life! I don't consider myself adequate for any of this, but my adequacy is from God. This is so freeing. I don't have to prove myself because anything that is good about me comes from God. I simply have to trust him!

The contrast between the old covenant of condemnation and the new covenant leads to the climax in 2 Corinthians 2:18. We all, with unveiled faces, beholding the glory of the Lord are being transformed from glory to glory by the Spirit of the Lord.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. The freedom has to do with the veil being lifted as people turn to the Lord. The Spirit makes people free to turn to the Lord.

The new covenant is the glory of the Lord. Christ on the cross, God writing his law on hearts, taking out stony hearts, giving his Spirit, this is the glory of God (Jeremiah 31:31-33). Only a glorious God would do all that for his people.

No comments: