Sunday, October 04, 2009

Philippians 4

So much here to keep my heart happy!

Prayer is God's means to keep me peaceful. Thinking on good things, keeping rein on my thoughts is THE way for me to experience the God of peace. It's not that complicated. Why do I let myself think about any old thing?

There is a lot of power in imitation. Choose carefully whose life you imitate.

Philippians 4:13 is the most misquoted/misapplied verse in the Bible. Paul can do all things. What are they? He can abound or suffer want. He can be content in good or bad circumstances. He can handle the whole range because money is not the important thing to him.

Financial peace or security is a spiritual issue. Paul's circumstances taught him that there is something more important than circumstances.

The promise of Philippians 4:19 is such an encouragement to generosity. The "according to" sets the limits for the withdrawal on God's riches. (Compare Ephesians 3:16). The limit is God's riches in Christ Jesus, that is limitless. God can cover your generosity!

No comments: