Monday, October 12, 2009

1 Thessalonians 4

The clarity and simplicity of this chapter is reason enough to listen to its message. This is the clearest statement of God's will for my life in all the Bible. His will is my holiness -- plain and simple. That is defined here as abstaining from sexual immorality, exercising self-control over my body with honor, not giving in to passionate desires and not being greedy.

Brotherly love is something taught by God. Part of what brotherly love looks like is this, watch over yourself and provide for your own family. It shows love to those outside my family when I provide for my family.

Ignorance about the return of Jesus Christ is not an option. If you are being persecuted or trying to be holy in an unholy context, it is a great comfort to know that you will be instantaneously with the Lord.

No comments: