- He and the Father are one. He is on God's agenda. Nothing, however terrible, will destroy their unity.
- There is a future for them. He is going and will return, having prepared an eternal dwelling.
- He will send them a Comforter from the Father.
- You have unlimited access in prayer.
- You will do greater works than mine.
God answers prayer to be glorified by the Son and to be glorified in the Son. Love between the Father and the Son is at stake in His answering prayer (John 14:13).
If you love the Father, keep his commands (John 14:15, 21, 23). This is word for word-for-word the same as 1 John 5:1-5.
So much of this is directed at their hearts. They are responsible for the condition of their heart, "Don't let your heart be troubled."