- I should not please myself because Christ did not please himself. The proof is that my reproach fell on Him. (Romans 15:2-3).
- Scriptures were written in order that by patience and encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Romans 15:3 is a perfect example of this principle.
- God is the God of patience and encouragement -- that's why the Scriptures, which he breathed for us -- are designed to give patience and encouragement (Romans 15:5).
- So that, single-mindedly, with one voice we might glorify God (Romans 15:6). The goal of the Scriptures is ultimately the same as God's goal for the rest of creation -- His glory.
- Jews and Gentiles need to receive one another. This is a strong case from the Old Testament that God intended to accept Gentiles all along.
Saturday, August 08, 2009
I could have quit reading after 3 or 4 verses and had enough blessing for a week.