Several things stand out:
- Faith is central. Romans 14:23 makes it clear in summary, but the chapter starts out that way, too.
- Our accountability before the Lord is the controlling principle (Romans 14:10).
- We must be able to let other people be accountable before God and not accountable before us (Romans 14:4).
- Love is more important than food -- more important than anything else (Romans 14:15).
- The kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Who wouldn't want to live under that kind of reign?