Friday, November 13, 2009

Hebrews 13

This chapter is the glorious application of the glory of grace. These are things that people do who have been capture by the beauty of Christ. Even in application he can't get over Jesus. . ."the same yesterday, today and forever." The relationship to marriage, leadership, prisoners, strangers, money and home all stem from your relationship to Christ.

I cannot believe I've never noticed Hebrews 13:5 before. The key to being free from the love of money is knowing that God will never leave us or forsake us. The choice of our heart to trust in the presence of God frees us from the tyranny of trusting in the presence of money!

I cannot read Hebrews 13:7 and Hebrews 13:17 without a twinge of pain at having them so recently ignored. I would love people to enjoy the benefits of imitating the outcome of my life. What is profitable for people is joyful for leaders. Cool -- everybody's happy!

The benediction is glorious (Heb. 13:20-21).

No comments: